Search Unity

"Don't remind me again" for "No Dev Tool Selected"

Discussion in 'Unity Hub' started by Baste, Feb 12, 2018.

1. Baste

Baste

This is a minor one. Whenever I deselect Visual Studio in the download menu, the Hub whines at me that I don't have any Dev Tools selected and "won't be able to debug your scripts".

Now, I won't ever install VS or MonoDevelop through the Unity installer, and I know what I'm doing. It would be nice if I could click "don't remind me again" on that warning, so I wouldn't have to see it again.

2. cassandraL

cassandraL

Unity Technologies

Nice idea. We will take note of it!
    Thanks.

Baste likes this.
  3. mathieub

mathieub

Unity Technologies

Thanks @Baste . We're going to evaluate this feature for the coming updates.

Baste likes this.
  4. jashan

jashan

Also, you might want to check if Visual Studio 2017 is already installed. It is on my Windows 10 machine, and I use it with Unity all the time. No need to download 1GB to install a tool I already have installed.

So I think it should have both: First, check if Visual Studio 2017 is already installed, if it is already installed, grey out and uncheck this option. Not sure if the Unity plugin comes with a default VS2017 install, probably not, so you might want to then let me install that (I believe that was the case with the old Unity installers). If Visual Studio 2017 is not installed (or the installation not recognized for some odd reason), let me do the "Don't remind me again" thing.

5. afshinity

afshinity

Unity Technologies

Regarding the check for Visual studio, we are working on your feedback. Stay tuned for the update
    For the "Don't remind me again" option, we have added to our backlog, and we will work on it.

jashan likes this.
  6. jashan

jashan

Sounds great, thank you!