Search Unity

Dont Purchae Plus subscription - Worst Experience I have ever faced

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by rahat090255, Jun 18, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. rahat090255

rahat090255

I have purchased the plus subscription just to see how does it looks like. I am a hobbiest game developer and i dont earn money from games.After purchae i though its not that much necessery for me. So i purchased the plus subscription on 3rd june 2020 and submitted the refund request to 5th june 2020. On that time i just built one game using their service.

Anyways, They said can't cancel my subscription and i will not get my money refund. I was surprised they cant refund my money just after 2 days from purchase.

Then I again sent them email just to cancel my subscription from the next month so that i dont want to spend $40 from next month. This time i got too much shocked seeing their reply. They said i cant cancel my subscription before it finishes 1 year. It means i have to pay $40x12= $480 this year.

How lame a company can be ? I thought unity was a good company but seeing their refund policy frankly said i ashamed of them. Are you getting poor? I have purchaed lots of assets worth more than $1000 from your asset store. If you dont refund my money keep in mind you will loose on of oyur potential customer.

2. Ryiah

Ryiah

TL;DR - You subscribed while completely disregarding and/or not reading the information that is explicitly mentioned in multiple locations during the process of subscribing including the very license agreement that you're signing that you will be responsible for an entire year.

Speaking of which I find it very difficult to believe your reason for subscribing was "just to see how does it looks like" when it's very easy to determine this with some basic reading and/or searching. You gain access to a slightly darker theme, a few situationally useful services, and can disable a lame splash screen. You didn't need to subscribe to know this.

Finally if you're at all curious you may want to be aware that this is relatively normal in the professional world. Just consider yourself lucky that you didn't foolishly sign up for Unity Pro or one of the very expensive Adobe/Autodesk packages. You're only paying a few hundred dollars when you could have easily ended up paying thousands.

Last edited: Jun 18, 2020
    Joe-Censored likes this.
  3. https://store.unity.com/#plans-business

It is literally on the same page in giant text. FAQ.

Joe-Censored likes this.
  4. zombiegorilla

zombiegorilla

Closed.
    This is an issue for Unity sales or customer support.
    However, as noted above, the subscription is for a minimum of a year. It is impossible to sign up without seeing this, it is literally on the boxes you check to subscribe. Moreover, there is a free version with all the same features, so there was no need to purchase to "check it out". Contact support.

Also... you have been using Unity for nearly two years... so.. yea.

Joe-Censored likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.