Search Unity

1. Unity 6 Preview is now available. To find out what's new, have a look at our Unity 6 Preview blog post.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity is excited to announce that we will be collaborating with TheXPlace for a summer game jam from June 13 - June 19. Learn more.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Dismiss Notice

(dont mind this anymore lol) Text Mesh Pro Text Looks Like This After Trying To Apply URP to My Game

Discussion in 'UGUI & TextMesh Pro' started by KaiXGT, Mar 3, 2021.

1. KaiXGT

KaiXGT

upload_2021-3-3_15-37-9.png

I managed to fix some of the text in my game, but now I can't. Anyone know how to fix this?

The only compiler error I am getting is:

NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
    TMPro.TMP_MaterialManager.GetFallbackMaterial (UnityEngine.Material sourceMaterial, UnityEngine.Material targetMaterial) (at Library/PackageCache/com.unity.textmeshpro@3.0.4/Scripts/Runtime/TMP_MaterialManager.cs:401)
    TMPro.TextMeshProUGUI.SetArraySizes (TMPro.TMP_Text+UnicodeChar[] unicodeChars) (at Library/PackageCache/com.unity.textmeshpro@3.0.4/Scripts/Runtime/TMPro_UGUI_Private.cs:1323)
    TMPro.TMP_Text.ParseInputText () (at Library/PackageCache/com.unity.textmeshpro@3.0.4/Scripts/Runtime/TMP_Text.cs:1927)
    TMPro.TextMeshProUGUI.OnPreRenderCanvas () (at Library/PackageCache/com.unity.textmeshpro@3.0.4/Scripts/Runtime/TMPro_UGUI_Private.cs:1634)
    TMPro.TextMeshProUGUI.Rebuild (UnityEngine.UI.CanvasUpdate update) (at Library/PackageCache/com.unity.textmeshpro@3.0.4/Scripts/Runtime/TextMeshProUGUI.cs:216)
    UnityEngine.UI.CanvasUpdateRegistry.PerformUpdate () (at C:/Program Files/Unity/Hub/Editor/2020.2.1f1/Editor/Data/Resources/PackageManager/BuiltInPackages/com.unity.ugui/Runtime/UI/Core/CanvasUpdateRegistry.cs:217)
    UnityEngine.Canvas:SendWillRenderCanvases()

Edit: My whole game is gone and I can't revert it

Last edited: Mar 4, 2021
  2. Stephan_B

Stephan_B

When you added the URP package, do you recall if there was a message asking about converting / upgrading shaders?

Can you post an image of the material inspector of one of those text objects?

I would like to see what shader is assigned to it. Make sure the screenshot shows the debug section of the material inspector so I can see the atlas texture of the material.

Last edited: Mar 4, 2021