Search Unity

1. Unity Asset Manager is now available in public beta. Try it out now and join the conversation here in the forums.
    Dismiss Notice

DoNotEdit? why? is this a bug?

Discussion in 'Project Tiny' started by georgeq, Aug 11, 2019.

1. georgeq

georgeq

I'm new to project tiny. Yesterday I imported the samples included with the package, and played around with them... Today when I open any of the projects, in the hierarchy I see: "DotsScratchPad-DoNotEdit" as the scene name, and inside it a list of entities... I don't understand what does this means, but I believe it wasn't there yesterday. If I try to open the main scene of any open project it just adds new entities to that, instead of opening the scene.

I just cant get rid of this.

Last edited: Aug 11, 2019
  2. caeldom

caeldom

Having the same issue. I recall prior to this occurring that when I tried to close the project, it asked me if I wanted to save some scene and I clicked Yes. I think that scene was related to DotsScratchPad-DoNotEdit. I'm unsure how that was edited, but I assume saving it creates this issue.

3. MaskedMouse

MaskedMouse

I've only gotten the tiny project to work once. Not sure how anymore. Now that we're months further I wanted to give it another try. Again "DotsScratchpad-DoNotEdit" It does not open the DOTS editor.

4. Jalol

Jalol

I kept a clean version of DotsScratchpad-DoNotEdit.unity and restore it when I overwrite it by accident...

5. n3wb13

n3wb13

What is this error please anyway to fix this? I tried so many times but all I get is this DotsScratchpad-DoNotEdit scene. I can't open a sample project or a new project.

6. chriszer

chriszer

I have the same problem. I only see the DotsScratchpad-DoNotEdit Hierarchy and can't open the sample scene.
    The Unity Versions which I've tested are: 2019.02 b3, 2019.2.3, 2019.2.6.