Search Unity

DOM IDBDatabase

Discussion in 'Web' started by lordubik, Apr 17, 2015.

1. lordubik

lordubik

Hi, I have installed Unity5.0.1 (few minutes ago) and now if I export a simple project (a sphere over a plane), I have this error in local execution:

An error occured running the Unity content on this page. See your browser's JavaScript console for more info. The error was: NotFoundError: DOM IDBDatabase Exception 8: An operation failed because the requested database object could not be found.

any idea?

2. jonas-echterhoff

jonas-echterhoff

Unity Technologies

What platform (browser/OS) is this?

3. lordubik

lordubik

Safari Versione 8.0.5 (10600.5.17) on iMac

4. jonas-echterhoff

jonas-echterhoff

Unity Technologies

I have seen similar errors on Safari on iOS, but not on my Mac. The IDBDatabase is what is used for local storage. Are you using any of that? PlayerPrefs? Caching in WebGL Player Settings? How are you running the player? Local file:// url? Build & Run? Or uploaded to a server?

5. lordubik

lordubik

PlayerPrefs and launched with Build & Run.
    On FireFox works.

6. lordubik

lordubik

7. jonas-echterhoff

jonas-echterhoff

Unity Technologies

This is not actually hosted in a way which lets me run it from the server or easily download it. Could you zip it up?

8. lordubik

lordubik

9. lordubik

lordubik

On IE I have this error, is normal? :| After OK the game is blocked on loading bar.

Attached Files:

10. jonas-echterhoff

jonas-echterhoff

Unity Technologies

As for the IndexedDB error, I believe it may be related to WebGL local caching. Can you try disabling that in WebGL Player Settings? As for IE, we don't officially support IE yet (latest versions should work after you click OK, though - just without audio).

11. lordubik

lordubik

Yes, works on Safari without the local caching... So without this setting a user downloads the application every time? o_O

12. nfmelendez

nfmelendez

Same question as @lordubik : without this setting a user downloads the application every time?

What happen with the "resource url" caching of the browser by GET?

Where is an ooficial link with all the browser and version supported by webgl unity?

lordubik likes this.
  13. npsf3000

npsf3000

I seem to have a similar issue as lordubik on safari (iOS)... unfortunately caching was never enabled so that's not the cause.

14. coolraiman

coolraiman

i never had trouble on mac with data caching. must be the player pref
    the only device who really dont support any sort of caching with unity webgl is the ipad.
    can't tell for blackberry and windows phone. these are the only device i never tested on and the market share is so low anyway.

15. AmazingRuss

AmazingRuss

Definitely the local caching... any update on this?

16. xpander

xpander

Same here. Empty WebGL project will not run with "Data Caching" enabled in Player Settings on Safari MacOS and runs fine without it.

NotFoundError: DOM IDBDatabase Exception 8: An operation failed because the requested database object could not be found.

17. xpander

xpander

Reproduces on 5.3.4f1 & 5.3.4p6.

18. coolraiman

coolraiman

is it planned to fix the data caching problems with apple devices like iphone, mac and ipad?

our webgl game have great performance on most mobile devices but for some reason, ipad are the worst

and no data caching cost a lot on the server side

19. DimensionU

DimensionU

I still see this problem with Safari 9.1.1 on Mac OS X with data caching turned on even in the latest patch release 5.3.5p6. Does anyone know if there is a bug report filed to try to get this to be a priority?

20. DimensionU

DimensionU

I did find this...
    1. Firefox up to version 42 and Safari will not support IndexedDB for content running in an iFrame. Firefox 43 and higher will fix this.
    ... on this page...
    https://docs.unity3d.com/Manual/webgl-browsercompatibility.html

But I'm not running my WebGL game within an iFrame, so it should work, no? It doesn't.

21. mr_zog

mr_zog

I can confirm the issue happens on Safari 9.1.1 and OSX 10.11.5 running our game built with Unity 5.3.6f1 (64-bit).
    If I disable data caching, it works.
    If I enable it, it crashes with this error:
    An error occured running the unity content on this page.
    NotFoundError: DOM IDBDatabase Exception 8: An operation failed because the requested database object could not be found.​

We use PlayerPrefs and JSON.net for saving user data, that works fine.