Search Unity

Dolly track camera going backwards.

Discussion in 'Cinemachine' started by Adventure-Forge-Studio, Nov 25, 2018.

1. Adventure-Forge-Studio

Adventure-Forge-Studio

Hi

I searched around but could not find a reference to this anywhere. So I'm new to cinemachine and i'm trying to make a simple fly through of a level, using dolly tracks and switching between cameras.

My issue is that when I hit play my first camera goes backwards from dolly track point 1 to 0, before starting it's animation across the track, and I simply can not understand why it will not simply start at 0 as I have keyed.

I have a simple straight forward track with point 0 and point 1. I have keyed the position at 0 and 1 in the timeline as well as adjusting the field of view. Nothing special.

What am I missing?

2. Gregoryl

Gregoryl

Unity Technologies

Can you show inspector for the vcam, and an image to give me an idea of the shape of your dolly track?

3. Adventure-Forge-Studio

Adventure-Forge-Studio

I figured it out late last night. Vcams start with a value of 1 on the Z damping on the body component. Setting it to 0 fixed it.

4. matt73rose

matt73rose

I too came across this problem last night. I also set Z Damping to 0, but that didn’t solve it. When recording a manually controlled Dolly animation ( a fly by as an example) between waypoint 0 and waypoint 4, the play back will start at 4 and travel to 0. I can get it to go from 0 to 4 only if I swap the start and end animation keys over in the animation window. Something I am missing ?. Using Unity 2019.

5. Gregoryl

Gregoryl

Unity Technologies

@matt73rose I'm not really understanding what the problem is. The dolly position is not respecting the keyframe values you put on it? Can you show the animation curve, and the inspector for the vcam, and indicate what exactly is happening vs what you would expect?