Search Unity

Doing a release WebGL build with 2019.1.2f1 crashes my entire computer

Discussion in 'Editor & General Support' started by mark_rendle, May 13, 2019.

1. mark_rendle

mark_rendle

I'm trying to do a WebGL build using 2019.1.2f1. I can do a Development build, but twice now I've tried a Release build and it gets towards the end and my Windows 10 PC just freezes. The mouse pointer stops moving, I can't Ctrl-Alt-Delete or Ctrl-Shift-Esc or anything. Have to do a hard power-off.

Any ideas why this might be happening, or is there any way I can turn on some kind of diagnostics or logging to help diagnose the issue?

The project is just a hobby, so I don't mind sharing the source code if that would help.

Thanks,
    Mark

AliciaTW likes this.
  2. mark_rendle

mark_rendle

Right, I did a couple of things and I'm not sure which of them fixed this, but I fixed it:

• Deleted the Library and Temp folders, which I'd copied over when I upgrade the game from 2018.3
    • Excluded the Temp and build output folders from Backblaze
    • Excluded the entire Unity folder where my projects live from Windows Defender anti-virus scanning
    Sorry for not doing a more scientific test, but like I say, it was hanging my whole PC and that worried me.

Mootinator likes this.
  3. Arminsc

Arminsc

Just FYI, I just came accross your post because I was having the same issue as you, and your solution helped me.
    I was actually getting BSOD when building Webgl and not sure if removing the folders or adding the windows defender exception helped, but I was just able to build it finally without crashing, so a huge thank you!

4. Mootinator

Mootinator

Thank you!

I also don't know which of the 3 did it...but I was able to build after struggling on and off with crashes for months!!!