Search Unity

1. Unity 6 Preview is now available. To find out what's new, have a look at our Unity 6 Preview blog post.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity is excited to announce that we will be collaborating with TheXPlace for a summer game jam from June 13 - June 19. Learn more.
    Dismiss Notice

Question Doing a build keeps making new "SettingsAssetBuild (N)" folders

Discussion in 'Virtual Production' started by dgoyette, Dec 16, 2023.

1. dgoyette

dgoyette

I keep seeing new "SettingsAssetBuild " folders getting added to my project after doing a build. For example:

upload_2023-12-16_16-17-29.png

Is there a setting that's creating these? I'm up to 3 of these folders now, and I'm not sure whether there's any danger to deleting them.

2. marief_unity

marief_unity

Unity Technologies

Hi @dgoyette !

This is on purpose these are copied during the build (cf this class) but they are supposed to be removed after the build (cf OnPostprocessBuild method).

I gave a try on my side and can confirm these are automatically removed.

Can you specify which version of Unity and Live Capture you are using ?

Anyways, no danger to remove them manually after the build.

3. dgoyette

dgoyette

Okay, it looks like this is probably working properly, and the reason I'm seeing some sticking around was probably due to me killing a builds manually every once in a while. I can now see that these get created temporarily with every build, but also get removed by the end of the build.

Thanks for the clarification that I can delete these, too. I'll go ahead and do that, and probably add them to my git ignore file too.

marief_unity likes this.