Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

Bug Does XRRig not support Windows Mixed Reality headsets?

Discussion in 'XR Interaction Toolkit and Input' started by jorn818, Jul 13, 2021.

1. jorn818

jorn818

So I have a really weird problem trying to setup my XRRIG. When I go to the XR Plugin Management section in Project Settings and choose OpenVR, I get a working player controller with perfect hand tracking but all of the xr scripts dont work. (like object grabbing or continious movement)

However if I choose the "Windows Mixed Reality" option all my scripts work, but the hands dont align with the center and seem half a meter too far away, and also rotate really weird. (as if their rotated around the center of my real life hands) the hands also have no grab animation. Also the camera contrast is really weird for some reason its much much darker in the scene when I choose this option.

First I tried to just use OpenVR and write a movement script, however interactions dont seem to work with OpenVR. however WMR option seems really broken, I tried it in different projects and all the same result.

I have all the VR packages you can get under package manager (preview mode activated)

Am I missing something?

OpenXR a third option in the plugin manager also has a greyed out wmr selection that I cant select.

Any help? I really want to develop in VR.

2. TreyK-47

TreyK-47

Unity Technologies