Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

Audio Does WWW.GetAudioClip() use MP3 hardware decoding on mobile?

Discussion in 'Audio & Video' started by xucian, Jun 15, 2019.

1. xucian

xucian

Hi devs,

I can't find any info on how/when exactly Unity uses iOS/Android hardware decoding of MP3s that are not imported through Unity.

I plan to download MP3 sound tracks in persistent data path (to keep build size minimal) and stream them from there.
    SFXs will probably be WAVs in an asset bundle which shouldn't be a problem.

I've found WWW.GetAudioClip(). Does calling it with stream=true use hardware decoding for MP3s on mobile?
    I'm using WWW because for the moment I need synchronous loading, which UnityWeRequest doesn't have.

Thanks,
    Lucian

2. mihailsonic

mihailsonic

Now I am also studying sound engineering, so I would be interested to know the answer to your question. We are working very hard to find some files in the format we need, but it sometimes takes too much time. For me, the main task when creating clips or video sequences is the competent fullness of the frame and its hormones. Therefore, I often resort to recording live sound for a particular scene. When I don't have time at all, I use something like https://jitni-dafa-song.rabbit-mp3.com /, since you can find almost any sound there. I hope my comment will help you