Search Unity

Does Unity Supports Relative Blend Shapes?

Discussion in 'Formats & External Tools' started by RJproz, Aug 10, 2015.

1. RJproz

RJproz

Does Unity Supports Relative Blend Shapes? I mean, suppose i have created 2 blend shapes. The first one blends relative to the Base. And the second one should blend relative to Shape 1 (not Base)
    It is possible in Unity? Because i made blend shapes in Blender, and i changed the blend reference for each shape keys. It works in blender. But in Unity, the blend shape executes the effect of all preceding blend shapes. So, the last blend shape executes the effect of all blendshapes simultaneously.

Is there any solution? Script for Unity or Blender?

Thanks.

2. hippocoder

hippocoder

Digital Ape

I guess you're just asking for an additive mode really. Where would this be useful?

3. RJproz

RJproz

I want to smoothly animate my object to some target via various states.
    I have created this for a try,

but i need better control, which is only possible if i create "checkpoint" like blendshapes.

4. hippocoder

hippocoder

Digital Ape

I don't see why you wouldn't use mecanim for this. You can still scale bones to hide parts.

5. RJproz

RJproz

:D:D The demo was just a try. I don't just want to hide the parts or something. I want to have control or each vertex and not vertex group. Like scaling some vertices, moving some etc. And i thought Blendshapes is the best method for it. May be i should try some other method.

6. theANMATOR2b

theANMATOR2b

I read Unity 5 handles nonuniform scaling better than U4.
    You could add (scaler bones) to your rig. Example; forearm bone with a scaler bone parented and oriented to the forearm bone. The verts would be skinned to the scaler bone which is parented to the forearm bone. The forearm bone is animated like normal - for regular animation cycles. When you want to scale the verts the scaler bone would be manipulated however you like. The forearm bone still controls the regular cycles, but the scaler bone (following the forearm bone) controls the scale deformation.
    Morph/blend shapes could be added on top of this for some funky effects.

Just a thought based on the information provided in OP.