Search Unity

Does unity support supervised machine learning?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by speedy1000, Sep 17, 2020.

1. speedy1000

speedy1000

Hey all,

I need to use machine learning to allow my game to classify a large set of data as one thing or another. How can I do this?

I've looked at ML Agents but that's overkill, I don't need any decisions made in realtime, I just want a model that can tell me that...
    [set of floats] is "FLOWER",
    [new set of floats] is "CUP" (for example)

I would train it ahead of time and then no new learning would happen after that.

p.s I'm new to Machine Learning so I may be thinking about something in the wrong way here...

2. Joe-Censored

Joe-Censored

ML Agents are the only machine learning feature I'm aware of from Unity directly. But there's most likely nothing stopping you from integrating any other machine learning functionality which can be used via C# / .net.

angrypenguin likes this.
  3. speedy1000

speedy1000

Do you know if ML-Agents could be used to accomplish what I'm after here? I checked its GitHub documentation and it mentions Supervised Learning as an idea but doesn't go into specifics about how to use ML-Agents to train a supervised learning model.

4. Joe-Censored

Joe-Censored

I've never needed ML Agents before, so sorry I don't know. But I'd ask in the ML-Agents forum instead of in here.

https://forum.unity.com/forums/ml-agents.453/

5. speedy1000

speedy1000

6. EternalAmbiguity

EternalAmbiguity

What you're describing could be done really, really, REALLY simply in sci-kit.

sonofbryce and Joe-Censored like this.
  7. speedy1000

speedy1000

Okay, that looks promising. I don't see anything on using Sci-kit with Unity though, are you familiar with combining the two?

8. EternalAmbiguity

EternalAmbiguity