Search Unity

Does Unity steal money often?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Homicide, Jan 30, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Homicide

Homicide

Heya.people. Im only posting this here, becaue for nearly a week, i have had open support ticket with no response, and today i discover the crap-fest is worse, with still no ackowledgement from Unity. I really dont know where else to post or attempt to get support on this.

I have been purchasing and facilitating a Unity license for about a year, and until recently never had any issues at all. But, about a week back, i was attempting to purchase some assets, and the store kept rejecting my card. no biggie, i changed cards and continued on. Today, discovered that Unity has charged me an abusrd amount of money, for stuff that doesnt exist. I have given them screenshots of my billing history, bank records etc. none of which they should really need, because their billing system clearly shows no such transaction on my account.

The worst of this though , is being completely ignored, as my subscription is about to pop again this month , and they already stole my money for .... well thats what i would like to know.

Im thinking its time to move on if this is how things go.

2. andoo001

andoo001

Hmmm, id check with your bank first, if you've been charged, provided nothing and have proof, your bank should be able to reverse the charges.

If Unity aren't responding, it may be a covid limitation on staff and they're backlogged.

Again, just ideas, personally never had a problem, i purchase from the asset store, get an invoice within about 30 seconds.

3. Meltdown

Meltdown

Banks won't do S***.
    They'll tell you to sort it out with the merchant.

4. Ryiah

Ryiah

Most companies have some aspect of their support system automated for tasks like detecting spam and those aspects can occasionally incorrectly flag a ticket. Based on your wording you've only opened a single ticket. Go open another and if it doesn't receive a response after two weeks open a third.

5. FrankenCreations

FrankenCreations

Your banker must not like you well. From personal experience I can tell you at least one bank has a fraud protection program and friendly people who will aid in switching account information around to help curb identity theft.

6. zombiegorilla

zombiegorilla

Contact support. They are the only ones that can help you. I'll ping admin staff to take a look. Closing this thread.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.