Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

Does Unity Monetization already serves ads from admob ?

Discussion in 'Unity Ads & User Acquisition' started by free4allgames, Mar 22, 2019.

1. free4allgames

free4allgames

2. StartStart

StartStart

I think UnityAds didn't bring ads from Admob.

And yes no longer need to have both just pick one.

3. free4allgames

free4allgames

Can someone at Unity confirm this ?

I want to know if I can just remove admob from the game, considering they have no support and I'm only getting No Fill error with them recently...

4. Yany

Yany

Very old question still not answered. Dear Unity tech. support, do a dev. need to integrate both admob and unity ads or unity ads serve ads from the admob network and thus integrating admob is superflous?

5. hk1ll3r

hk1ll3r

I don't think the question is something Unity should answer or is interested in answering.

When you use Unity Ads, you opt in to their network. AdMob might be one of the ad providers among many. The network changes in time depending on what deals Unity makes with other Ad networks. So AdMob may be part of the network today and not tomorrow.

Even if AdMob (or any other ad network) were providers for Unity, that wouldn't make implementing AdMob redundant. How much you get paid from each ad is something Unity decides when you use Unity's Ad SDK. So it is possible that Unity will pay you less for the same ad from AdMob that gets served to your customers through Unity Ads SDK. Or it could be the other way around. The algorithms for these are usually dynamic and use historic data. So yeah....

The only reliable way to figure out whether to use AdMob or Unity's Ads SDK would be to try both and see which gives you the better eCPM depending on your specific game (region, genre, use demographic, etc. affect your ad revenue). The Ads SDKs are fairly straightforward to implement for both. I've used both in different projects and am thinking about writing my own lib to decide to show ads from one of the SDKs from a remote config parameter.

As developers we should also share our findings to help each other out :)

6. Yany

Yany

thank you ;)