Search Unity

Does Unity limit the number of clicks on the banner ad for each user each day?

Discussion in 'Unity Ads & User Acquisition' started by bobeogames, Feb 12, 2020.

1. bobeogames

bobeogames

Hi Unity Team,

My game was using Admob but a few time ago it has been installed by a competitor, he spams the clicks on the ads many time everyday and my account then was banned.

I want now to switch to Unity Ads. But I don't know whether Unity system can help me to prevent the similar case. For example, limiting the number clicks on the ads within a day instead of suspending publisher's account as admob?

Thank You.
    Regards,

2. rasmus-unity

rasmus-unity

3. bobeogames

bobeogames

Thank you for the reply,

I have few more questions:

1. I intend to develop a system to detect the spam clicks for example if the user clicks 3 times in 1 hour, he get at first a warning. If he clicks the next 48 hour again he will come on a ban list. I will make a list IPs in firebase for users who are clicked to much. If he is in the banned list, my game will auto exit.

Is it legal if I do so with Unity Ads?

1. If using the irrestitial ads, should I implement IUnityAdsListener to detect the ad clicks, I mean the start of an ad?

I see in this post

https://forum.unity.com/threads/rea...l-rewarded-videos-0-6-ecpm-really-low.394996/

that Unity Ads has a limit of 25 ads per user per day. If so, is it no need to use my detecting spams system for the irrestitial ads because it was handled by Unity?

My ultimate goal is not to have my account suspended.

Thank You,
    Regards.

4. rasmus-unity

rasmus-unity

It's one of the questions which isn't really that easy to answer :)

We ofc have systems for detecting fraudulent use of Unity Ads, otherwise advertisers would loose trust in us. And advertisers are obviously primarily interested in promoting their games/products to real users, who potentially would use/buy it.

The 25 ads per day per user is not as such about fraud, but rather that our data shows that a users is unlikely to be interested in an ad if they have watched it too many times. And given we after all have a cost of showing an ad (CPU for finding the right ad + CDN costs), we might choose not to show an ad, in case we think it's not "worth it". And note that the limit might be different from 25 per day (as we also integrate other ad networks these days, which might bid on the impression instead)

In short our fraud detection systems (and likely similar to other networks) works by detecting unusual traffic, which doesn't look like it's coming from a real user. It should not come as surprise, that it's based on comparing traffic patterns against other games.

Your approach of filtering out users as you describe might work, at least worth giving a try :)

Otherwise see following pages for information about how revenue is calculated for Unity Ads:

https://support.unity3d.com/hc/en-us/articles/205263819-How-do-I-earn-revenue-from-Unity-Ads-
    https://unityads.unity3d.com/help/resources/revenue-and-payment

Hope it answers your question.

/Rasmus

5. bobeogames

bobeogames

Thank you to help me clarify many concerns.