Search Unity

Question Does Unity ‘compile’ everything in project window/folders in game’s final executable

Discussion in 'Unity Hub' started by dub9t5, Nov 19, 2020.

1. dub9t5

dub9t5

Apologies if my terminology is a bit foggy with my question. I’m fairly new to Unity and have been working on a game using Bolt, Playmaker and Adventure Creator. As my project has developed I’ve found myself using Bolt and Playmaker to create the systems I originally thought I would be relying on Adventure Creator for.

This may seem like a daft question but I’ve been unable to get a clear answer; I’m wondering, what does or doesn’t Unity include when you finally finish your game and make that executable? Does it only include prefabs actually used in the final game, or will I have to remove any unused content myself?

For some assets It’s as easy as deleting them but things like Adventure Creator appear like they would need carefully dissecting, as it’s managers etc are more intrusive. I assume it’s not as easy as deleting the Playmaker and Adventure Creator asset folders or as easy as Unity not including any items not used in any scenes?

I’m far into production and don’t fancy recreating it all from scratch. Perhaps that’s the idea scenario and I just copy all used assets from the old project folders to a new, ‘clean’ project?

Thank you.