Search Unity

Does Unity allow for Dynamic Ads in-game?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Alien_J, Sep 8, 2019.

1. Alien_J

Alien_J

I was trying to decide if my game would have ads, or not, and had an idea that may seem like the ads are being forced on the player.

I was thinking about having the ads on a large TV screen. They would be reward ads. Is this possible in Unity?

2. Murgilod

Murgilod

This has less to do with Unity and more to do with the conditions the ad providers set.

3. Alien_J

Alien_J

Thanks.

4. Owen-Reynolds

Owen-Reynolds

If these are Ads someone is paying you to show, they want them done in the exact way they paid for -- full screen. You know those Ads in some sporting events that run 1/2-screen while the other half shows a a boring part of the game? Someone specifically paid less for that type of Ad.

I'd also check about rules for when you're allowed to show Ads. I'm pretty sure there needs to be a button, clearly labelled that pressing it will watch an Ad. I've heard of a game designer with an "other games by me" page getting dinged (by Apple? Google Play? I forget) for not clearly explaining how the buttons with names of their other games took them to the page for that games, which violated the Ad policy.

Ryiah and Joe-Censored like this.
  5. Joe-Censored

Joe-Censored

Unless a particular ad network specifically allows for ads displayed in this manner, you would instead build this system yourself and solicit your own advertisers yourself. That's not impossible and does happen. There's plenty of instances of racing games including in game billboards with ads for real world products for example. I remember playing a racing game once with Dr Pepper ads everywhere once.

Expect you will need to show potential advertisers your established track record of success publishing games before they will sign up for something like this.

Alien_J and Ryiah like this.