Search Unity

Does UCB support 'Virtual Reality Supported'?

Discussion in 'Unity Build Automation' started by arnebp, Jun 22, 2016.

1. arnebp

arnebp

Hi

I am currently building a few VR projects through UCB. I am using Unity 5.4b20 for this and use the OpenVR SDK. The produced players do _not_ trigger VR mode in neither Vive nor Oculus HMDs. When I build the same project locally, they do.

This has made me wonder, does UCB support building in VR mode at all?

Do I need to turn on some setting in the UCB web interface?

2. TuesdayNinja

TuesdayNinja

Unity Technologies

Hey Arnebp -

I'm a test engineer on CloudBuild. Shoot me a PM with your UPID if you would. I'll take a look and see what's going on.

Thanks,
    Adam

3. headjack

headjack

Hey,

I'm having a similar issue with attempting to Cloud Build a Gear VR build. I created the simplest (empty) test project in Unity 5.4.0f1 with Virtual Reality Supported to On and set to Oculus in the Android Player Settings. The Cloud Build succeeds but running the app on a supported phone does not pop up the message telling me to put the phone in a Gear VR, but instead the app starts and crashes with:
    Fatal signal 11 (SIGSEGV), code 1, fault addr 0x5f4d45de in tid 1382 (UnityMain)

Building the same project on a Mac build of Unity 5.4.0f1 here works properly, so this error is specific to Cloud Build.

4. TuesdayNinja

TuesdayNinja

Unity Technologies

Kregus -

Thanks for the report. We've confirmed the bug and have devs currently working on a fix. We'll let everyone know when we've got this thing beat.

Thanks,
    Adam

5. KineQuantum

KineQuantum

Hey,
    Our team is encountering a similar issue.

We have a project based on OpenVR. When I build on my machine, it works with HTC Vive, but when built with Unity Cloud Build, it doesn't.

By comparing build folders, I noticed the dll called 'openvr_api' is not present in the folder Plugins on the build from cloud (and is not working), whereas it is present on my machine build.

I tried to clone project to a different machine and build it, it also works and includes this dll, so I thought the problem would be related.

Side note : We also have our own cloud build based on Linux + Jenkins and it experiences the same problem as your cloud (mb if your machines are running on linux version it could come from here ??)

Versions : Unity 5.4.0f both on my machine and on cloud
    My machine is on Win10

Thanks,
    Matheos

6. arnebp

arnebp

7. SebChaumont_Minority

SebChaumont_Minority

@TuesdayNinja: sorry to highjack this thread, but is UCB also supporting GVR, or not yet?

8. markbailey

markbailey

Would also like an update. @TuesdayNinja , any news on this?
    Thanks

9. dannyd

dannyd

Unity Technologies

OpenVR support is still not fixed - building for windows VR from mac/linux is currently producing unusable builds. We are working with the Editor/VR teams to resolve this. No ETA on fix currently.

@kregus and @SebChaumont_Minority: GearVR should work in Cloud Build (just built and ran successfully in 5.4.0f3). Make sure you check in your osig file.

10. arnebp

arnebp

@dannyd what is the status of this one?

11. dannyd

dannyd

Unity Technologies

Can you try building with 5.4.1? I don't have access to our VR hardware at the moment, so haven't had a chance to test it myself.

12. arnebp

arnebp

@dannyd something has changed for the better in 5.4.1 but we are not quite there yet.

Before, the VR enabled UCB builds were not displaying anything in my HMDs. Now they are, but something is wrong. Several scripts are failing and the render pipeline must be broken somehow since the resolution I see in the mask seems undersampled compared to the capabilities of the given HMD. I tested using the CV1 and DK2.

If you PM me, I can give you the UPID of the project in question.

Thx for the quick response.

13. dannyd

dannyd

Unity Technologies

@arnebp: can't seem to PM you - can you start a conversation with me to confirm some details?

14. bgrz

bgrz

Has this been fixed? I just made a cloud build yesterday and it came out broken.