Search Unity

Does this happen to everyone?

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by Wikened, Jan 18, 2012.

1. Wikened

Wikened

Okay, so I've submitted something 3 times now and they keep declining it because of different reasons and tell me to fix them and re-submit them. But they always tell me one thing which is wrong at a time??? First it was that I had an extra image in the AssetStore folder next it was that my big image was 850 pixels in width and not 860 (EDIT DID NOT PRODUCE AN ERROR!?) and now my latest email was because my small image was blocking the text?

Now I don't know if It's me but it is extremely stupid to tell someone that something is wrong and to fix it and then re-submit, knowing that there are other things which are wrong. Now I might be thinking over the top but I've been waiting 17 freaking days for this product to get onto the assetStore and now frankly I am probably not gonna do it... It is ridiculous the way it works.

Please tell me if I right or wrong?

2. CoatlGames

CoatlGames

thats weird, my asset has been in the store pretty much since the asset store opened, back then there wasnt much of a guideline instructions, in that time i just took an screen shot of the page of products already available and followed the sizes i found in there, because the fact that the images have to be in a specific size, doesnt mean that the whole image has to have something in it, specially the big one.. the big one is mostly an empty image and just a small part of the right side needs to have your product information or logo..

and since then all the updates i have submitted to my asset have been pretty much painless( 10 updates), it does take a couple of days or even a full week to get accepted..

my advice would be, try to mimmick the look of the images of other products already available and go for the safe bet, if the problems are just the images

3. AprendaGames

AprendaGames

These guys have to review quickly. Otherwise the asset store wouldn't make any money. When they find something wrong, they reject. I can't imagine them completing a review of a file that's not ready. Just quadruple check that everything is right, there are no errors, and that your upload is set up correctly and I'm sure you'll be fine.

4. DanielQuick

DanielQuick

I agree with Aprenda, it's not their job to fix your problems. It's their job to check whether or not it's ready.

Yours wasn't ready.

5. jedy

jedy

Cmon, auto resizing an image and moving an image to the side? Those are fairly simple concepts I disagree that the rules should be that strict - the asset store may upload the asset as it ( it's your problem now if you didn't follow the rules and everything looks weird )... So after all if you don't do stuff the way the asset store says - you risk of everything looking bad, and people disliking your product.

6. wccrawford

wccrawford

As a software developer that oversees other, I have to say that completely reviewing someone's work before rejecting it is usually a waste of time. If you find one thing, there are problem more... And if they fix that, they might break other things.

Yes, it's a hassle for you, the customer, and they could have better automated processes to check for these things... But rejecting for 1 thing at a time isn't really out of line.