Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

Does the team have a roadmap?

Discussion in 'FPS.Sample Game' started by joshrichardson1234, Nov 23, 2018.

1. joshrichardson1234

joshrichardson1234

Hey team - great work with the asset and recent videos. I was wondering if you have a roadmap on when updates will be coming and what will be coming?

rz_0lento likes this.
  2. petera_unity

petera_unity

Unity Technologies

We don't have a roadmap that we can share right now. But we are generally talking a lot about how you would go about making bigger worlds. Before / alongside that, there is a whole lot of more mundane things in the project that should be fixed and optimized. Also, if you have specific ideas we are always happy to hear,

peter

Adam-Bailey likes this.
  3. AggressiveMastery

AggressiveMastery

Where should we post ideas or requests?

Adding larger worlds will be very useful for future projects, as would an inventory system and player controller modifiers (vehicles?)

Thank you!

4. Lukas-Labaj

Lukas-Labaj

Agree, Inventory system will be so helpful for us also. I just hack it for my chase :) Do you plan to do this in near future or already working on that?

5. victorhugolafuente

victorhugolafuente

I think the roadmap is to attack the points that the competitor's engine does better, which are FPS genre and multiplayer. My question is, for a team that has an intermediate level with Unity and want to do a SuperHot clone, is it better for them to use these assets or switch to the competitor's engine?

6. karstenv

karstenv

Since SuperHot is done using Unity I would think that it is possible :)

7. victorhugolafuente

victorhugolafuente

They did an FPS framework from scratch. If they went the competitor's engine way, they had cut the workload to the half.