Search Unity

Question Does the new UGS Data Access Feature include Custom Event data?

Discussion in 'Unity Analytics' started by thorikawa, Oct 25, 2022.

1. thorikawa

thorikawa

I am trying to connect with Snowflake to export raw data since the Raw Data Export feature is no longer available. I was expecting the UNITY_UNITYLIVEOPS_UNITY_ANALYTICS_PDA.SHARES.ACCOUNT_EVENTS on Snowflake to include custom events, but I cannot find the custom event data that was included in the old raw export. How can I find custom data in SnowFlake data?

Attached Files:

2. Laurie-Unity

Laurie-Unity

Unity Technologies

Hi @thorikawa

Thanks for sharing your question.

The Analytics Data Access feature lets you connect external tools to a Snowflake data warehouse containing your data, to run alaysis or exports. But in relation to custom events, it depends where that data originates from.

UGS Alaytics events : All your standard and custom events will be avaialble in the ACCOUNT_EVENTS table and there are other tables containing USER data and Aggregated summary tables.

Legacy Analytics Data : Unfortunately, only standard events from the Legacy Analytics system are available in Data Access.However, if your Legacy Analytics Dashboard is still enabled, you should still be able to use the Legacy Analytics > Raw Data Export tool to export legacy data.

3. thorikawa

thorikawa

@Laurie-Unity Thank you for replying. My app uses Legacy Unity Analytics, so that's why I could not find custom event data in SnowFlake.

When I accessed Legacy Analytics's Raw Data Export the other day, it was not working properly (maybe temporaly down?), so I thought the feature had been discontinued, but now I see that it is still available. I will try it later.