Search Unity

1. Unity Asset Manager is now available in public beta. Try it out now and join the conversation here in the forums.
    Dismiss Notice

Does the IL2CPP managed debugger support UWP already?

Discussion in 'Experimental Scripting Previews' started by holo-krzysztof, May 14, 2018.

1. holo-krzysztof

holo-krzysztof

I was trying to get it to work with a UWP app, but to no avail.
    Script debugging + Wait for managed debugger are enabled and I'm using the new scripting runtime and netstandard2.0. Also, I've enabled the internetClient, internetClientServer and privateNetworkClientServer capabilities.

It worked fine with a Windows standalone build, I could select "Attach Unity Debugger" in VS and it would show the player instance whereas with UWP it doesn't show anything. Unity version is 2018.2b4.

Edit: Ok, a fresh rebuild fixed it not showing up in the "Attach" window. However, when I try to attach it silently fails without an error message.

Last edited: May 14, 2018
  2. JoshPeterson

JoshPeterson

Unity Technologies

This should work in 2018.2b4. Is there any information in the player log file about a possible error message?

3. Tautvydas-Zilys

Tautvydas-Zilys

Unity Technologies

Which version of VS2017 are you using? You need 15.7 update for this to work (there was VS side change to make this work too).

4. holo-krzysztof

holo-krzysztof

Ok, that was probably the problem - I was using 15.6.7 when testing it.
    I'll try again next week after updating.