Search Unity

Does the existing release of Post Processing Stack support custom effects?

Discussion in 'Image Effects' started by monark, Jun 12, 2018.

1. monark

monark

I see the v2 version of post processing stack supports custom effects but it's not released yet. I couldn't find any information on whether the current version in the asset store does too, 1.0.4?

I'm having an issue getting any of the older ways of doing post effects to work in Unity 2018 for WebGL and this is my last resort. Both Graphics.Blit and GL.Quads fail so I either have to drop back to Unity 2017 or try a custom shader in the stack. But if it's only version 2 that can handle custom effects and that is still buggy too then it's maybe not such a good option.

Also, I should add that at the moment I can't even get v2 to work at all even with the built-in effects, it does diddly squat to the final image.

Last edited: Jun 12, 2018
  2. hippocoder

hippocoder

Digital Ape

3. monark

monark

So using the code in that link I get a bunch of errors saying
    The type or namespace name `PostProcessEffectSettings' could not be found. Are you missing an assembly reference?

4. monark

monark

So I found the issue with using the new post processing stack in 2018, I either missed, or it's not in the instructions that you need to set the layer on the camera to match the layer you set in the layer component.
    Unfortunately I can't upgrade to use 2018 yet for other reasons, but I've found blit-ing etc. still work in 2017.4 so using that now.