Search Unity

Does the Asset Server work on a Mac running Lion?

Discussion in 'Editor & General Support' started by antonbursch, Mar 20, 2012.

1. antonbursch

antonbursch

I upgraded from Snow Leopard to Lion on this mac yesterday so I could build on my iPhone 4S (after upgrading it to 5.1) and now I can't connect to the asset server on this mac.

Is there something I need to do to restart the asset server after upgrading to Lion or something? Anyone else done this?

2. tbryant

tbryant

I am assuming there must be a simple script to (re)start it running as a service.
    Anyone get this to work? And while at it - how about setting up the cache server as a service on OsX as well - I've seen instructions for windows, but not OsX.

Edit: I got it up and running by making a temp copy of /Library/UnityAssetServer/data
    then deleting /Library/UnityAssetServer
    re-installing UnityAssetServer from the installer package
    then replacing the data folder (I had to use sudo on the command line for that)
    rebooted and it works now.

Last edited: Mar 24, 2012
  3. EricD

EricD

Yes it works. Just reinstall the asset server if you want.

4. kjetilh

kjetilh

So, is it enough to just reinstall the asset server, or will it the reinstall overwrite previous data?
    And do you have the sudo command from copying from a temp folder into the asset server folder again?

Unexpected annoyance this. hmf.

Kjetil

Update: So I copied the data folder out. Deleted the asset server folder, reinstalled. Copied back using :
    sudo cp -r originaldatafolder assetserverdatafolder

It seemed to copy fine, and using info I could see that at least the rights on the folder where the same, with unitysrv having read/write rights.

However, I could not login using admin account.

I tried deleting, and reinstalling again, and if I don't copy, then I can log in as normal. But of course, my projects and user accounts are missing.

Last edited: Jun 6, 2012