Search Unity

Question Does TextMesh Pro support custom text tags?

Discussion in 'UGUI & TextMesh Pro' started by DandecatLiang, Jun 4, 2020.

1. DandecatLiang

DandecatLiang

Hey, everybody, I got some problems here.
    After spending some days researching TextMesh Pro, I've made a simple bubble pop up dialogue box for my 2D game. I have already applied some effects like how characters show up and how the dialogue panel resize itself.
    After those were done, I decide to take one step further, I want some effect just apply for specific characters in texts. Like may one word was typed slowly than others, or some character has animations and others don't.
    So is there some generic way to achieve this by only modifying the text, maybe defining custom tags, and add to text like <slow>...</slow>?

2. Hertzole

Hertzole

Not sure about official support but Mix and Jam made a similar system that you may find useful.

It seems like the custom tag handling is located in this file in their repository.
    I hope it helps! :)

forestrf likes this.
  3. DandecatLiang

DandecatLiang

Many Thanks!:) The source code helped a lot. Although I have to write my own parse script to fit my bubble dialogue system, but its great reference to look up!
    The youtube channel is also a terrific resource to learn development skills.:rolleyes: