Search Unity

Does someone knows where is the sample project showed at the Unite ?

Discussion in 'UIElements' started by Kaiymu_, Oct 10, 2019.

1. Kaiymu_

Kaiymu_

Hello everyone !

I wanted to have a base to work on from the Unite, and sadly I don't see the base project where I could gather some scripts to modify my runtime UI.
    Do you have any idea where I can find that ?
    I have the "sample" tank, but no C# script to modify them or no sample scene, sadly !

Right now I lack 2 information that I cannot find anywhere :

1/ On live stage, the UI was edited on the UIBuilder and edited live in Runtime, that doesn't happen on my side
    2/ Also, I don't see any sample code where to chage the UI + the USS and modify it by code !

Thank you :)

2. uDamian

uDamian

Unity Technologies

The sample projected showed at Unite will be made public once we make the UIElements Runtime package public. This will happen around the time Unity 2019.3 releases, which is coming soon.

For you points:
    1. You'll first need the Runtime package (not yet public) to even see the UI at runtime and then some work (shown in the example project) will be needed to make the UI update live with the UI Builder.
    2. The only unique part of the demo was how uxml/uss changes were detected. The actual reloading and rebinding of the UI on changes is using standard UIElements from 2019.1+. You can see how you can create and bind UI in C# in this short video:

(it's a bit dated but the main API and workflow is still applicable)
    with the sample project here:
    https://github.com/Unity-Technologies/UIElementsExamples

3. Kaiymu_

Kaiymu_

Thank you Damian ! Have a great day :)