Search Unity

1. Unity Asset Manager is now available in public beta. Try it out now and join the conversation here in the forums.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

Does shader graph work with default render pipeline?

Discussion in 'Graphics Experimental Previews' started by sledgeweb, Sep 21, 2018.

1. sledgeweb

sledgeweb

I'm just trying to get some clarity here. Shader graph looks SUPER helpful. And I'd like to test it out with polybrush, but what I'm seeing is that shader graph only works in the HD or Low Res render pipelines... and these pipelines are in preview mode and it is not recommended for full production, or converting projects from the default renderer to the HD pipeline.

So does that mean shader graph is sort of off-limits right now as well? Are there plans to get shader graph working with the default render pipeline?

Thank you!

2. hippocoder

hippocoder

Digital Ape

It will never support the built-in pipeline. For that, there is an asset called Amplify Shader Editor which does a great job.

Unity's shader graph will only work with LWRP (lightweight) and HDRP (high definition).
    Shader graph will always be added to and improved, and it's expected you should be using it now if you use LWRP. For HDRP it is lagging behind but getting there.

3. TerraUnity

TerraUnity

Never say never ;) https://forum.unity.com/threads/does-shader-graph-support-built-in-rendering.529739/#post-7776870

hippocoder likes this.
  4. hippocoder

hippocoder

Digital Ape

It's only purpose in existence is to facilitate a smoother customer movement to SRP.
    A far better thing for built-in people is ASE, which does more.

TerraUnity likes this.
  5. TerraUnity

TerraUnity

True, but thought it's better than nothing to have this around the corner and hope it gets improved for better transitions!