Search Unity

1. Unity 6 Preview is now available. To find out what's new, have a look at our Unity 6 Preview blog post.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity is excited to announce that we will be collaborating with TheXPlace for a summer game jam from June 13 - June 19. Learn more.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Dismiss Notice

Question Does Screen.SetResolution work in consoles?

Discussion in 'Scripting' started by Rdev, Mar 18, 2024.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Rdev

Rdev

Hi,
    I am working on a project intended for PC and consoles( PS4, PS5, XBOX X and XBOX S). This project uses HDRP. We have a UI that helps set resolution on windows using the Screen.SetResolution function. The manual for this function only mentions standalone platforms and android. My question is whether this function works on consoles. If not, we could hide the UI in consoles.

2. Kurt-Dekker

Kurt-Dekker

I would recommend testing. It may technically work and not have the desired or expected effect. For instance, changing the resolution might set the rendering surface to different resolution but the final output frame remains the same and reports the same, or any other random combination of weirdnesses.

CodeSmile likes this.
  3. Ryiah

Ryiah

Correct, that's because everything involving the consoles is behind an NDA. For questions like this you need to go to the official forums provided by Microsoft, Nintendo, and Sony and ask there. We're not really allowed to help you.

4. zombiegorilla

zombiegorilla

@Ryiah said is absolutely correct, console dev is usually under NDA. There are subforums dedicated to specific platforms, if you are registered developer for those platform, you can ask in them.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.