Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

Does -projectPath support relative paths?

Discussion in 'Editor & General Support' started by GTaveira, Aug 9, 2013.

1. GTaveira

GTaveira

Hi,

I'm trying to use the command line arguments to create a batch file to automate the build process of our project.

Since it is a complex system with several different Unity projects and there are several developers working on it, I was hoping to create a batch file that would use relative path instead of absolute path, as the latter would require each developer to customize the batch file by setting the -projectPath to his project's local path.

From my tests it seems that -projectPath only takes absolute paths. I tried several variations of relative paths but it simply did not work.

The documentation on this topic does not bring enough information.

My question is: does the argument -projectPath support relative paths?

EDIT: I'm using Unity 4.1.2f1 and Windows 7 SP1

Last edited: Aug 9, 2013
  2. GTaveira

GTaveira

Does anyone have any insight on this possible limitation? I just wish to know if it is possible to pass a relative path to the -projectPath argument.

Thanks in advance for the attention!

3. Dustin-Horne

Dustin-Horne

Where is your batch file located? There are a couple of things you can do... but let's say you force your devs to use a standard convention:

<drive>:\<path>\<otherpath>\YourGamePath

If you put your batch file inside <otherpath> and force it to be there... then you can use:
    %cd%\YourGamePath

%cd% is a pseudo-variable in the batch file that gets the current directory.

4. GTaveira

GTaveira

Hi Dustin,

Thank you for your reply!

That is exactly what I was looking for! I tried using the special variable %cd% to get the current directory and, since the batch file is already located at the project's root folder, it worked perfectly!

5. Dustin-Horne

Dustin-Horne

Awesome, glad to hear it. :) I couldn't remember for sure whether %cd% included the trailing slash or not but I figured you'd figure it out.

6. jimrogerz

jimrogerz

%cd% is an environment variable that only works when running unity from a Windows command prompt. From a bash prompt (Git for Windows/OSX terminal) use $PWD

schmidt_ugd likes this.
  7. SimonCVintecc

SimonCVintecc

If, on windows, you want the exact same path as the folder from which you run the bat file, you can use %~dp0