Search Unity

Question Does Polybrush sculpt tool have a "Set Height" equivalent?

Discussion in 'World Building' started by bitinn, Feb 10, 2021.

1. bitinn

bitinn

Hi,

I am wondering if there is something in Polybrush that operates like Unity Terrain's Set Height feature. Where I can be confident the maximum offset my paint will cause?

(If doing that over multiple strokes is difficult for technical reasons, I would like to cap it on a per stroke basis at least)

(I also wonder if it's possible to write a simple extension myself to achieve similar effects?)

Thx for any pointers!

arfish likes this.
  2. steven1022

steven1022

Also looking for a solution here. I am using polybrush/probuilder+progrid to sculpt a plane and then level a portion vert by vert (because not all are on the same Y).

Anyone have any advice on sculpting areas and then being able to quickly level smaller portions flat? Hoping I am just missing a tool in pro builder that lets me select and move all to a certain Y value or something. Googling around set height or target height but didn't find much.

3. NikoPesonen

NikoPesonen

This tool is badly needed!
    I'm building a terrain with multiple pieces of probuilder planes that have enough verts so I can texture them with vertex painting method.
    My scenes have distinct elevation levels.
    At the moment, I'm sculpting the level with the Unity's native terrain tool and then converting / slicing it to meshes that I then convert to probuilder objects for further adjustment.
    The worst thing here is that it's far away from a non-destructive workflow. If I want to make any major changes to the level's layout, I have to revert back to the terrain and do all the conversion etc. all over again. This of course messes up the vertex colors, so the texturing needs to be re-done.
    Someone, please make the tool!

wyattt_ likes this.
  4. steven1022

steven1022

Hey all,

I added some friendly changes to Polybrush if anyone could use them. PM me if you need!
    1. Add a set height/target height option including Perlin Noise for a random ground feel.
    2. Added some Prefab placement selection option for more intuitive grouping
    upload_2022-7-22_10-45-26.png

upload_2022-7-22_10-46-21.png

upload_2022-7-22_10-47-39.png

KumaBeer and Matiasaviles like this.
  5. FuncyLee

FuncyLee

6. stevenlast91

stevenlast91

is this tool still available?