Search Unity

1. Unity Asset Manager is now available in public beta. Try it out now and join the conversation here in the forums.
    Dismiss Notice

Does "Output Single HTML File" work?

Discussion in 'Project Tiny' started by warren-miller-maltd, Nov 4, 2020.

1. warren-miller-maltd

warren-miller-maltd

hi - I'm trying to get any of the samples to work with "Output Single HTML File" in the WASM settings - doing a ASM build. not having any luck, just a while HTML page
    any tips please? thanks

2. paulodonnell

paulodonnell

Having the same issue, from what I can see via the web browser console, it's failing to load the BuildConfiguration with error "Loading Entity Scene failed because the entity header file could not be read".

Note it doesn't actually say it's the BuildConfiguration just has a reference id but you can determine which one is failing by looking at the SceneExportLog (see screenshot attached).

Would be curious to know if you are getting the same error @warren-miller-maltd?

Attached Files:

3. warren-miller-maltd

warren-miller-maltd

yup. same error. "Loading Entity Scene failed because the entity header file could not be read: guid=46b433b264c69cbd39f04ad2e5d12be8"

4. paulodonnell

paulodonnell

So I managed to get the single html output working but I had to revert back to the previous version of the Project Tiny package i.e. 0.29.0

From there if you open the associated BuildConfiguration (in my case Wasm) then you can add an EmscriptenSettings components and set the boolean for outputting to a single file (screenshot attached).

@warren-miller-maltd Hopefully this helps you and hopefully someone from Unity will confirm that the "Output to single html file" setting is broken in 0.31.0 or if there is something else I'm doing incorrectly?

Note reverting back to the previous package requires you to have all objects in the hierarchy under a subscene object.

Attached Files:

warren-miller-maltd likes this.
  5. JC-Cimetiere

JC-Cimetiere

Unity Technologies

Hello!
    We can reproduce the issue on preview 0.31. We are investigating cause/resolution.
    We'll post updates here.

paulodonnell likes this.
  6. JC-Cimetiere

JC-Cimetiere

Unity Technologies

We've fixed the issue with Single File HTML output, and published a patch release.

Go to Window > Package Manager, and select the Project Tiny Full, then you can update to 0.31.0-preview.26
    Thanks for your patience!

upload_2020-11-6_7-10-1.png
    upload_2020-11-6_7-11-30.png

7. warren-miller-maltd

warren-miller-maltd

awesome. thanks