Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

Question Does OpenXR and the new input system work with SteamVR / Vive wands in the editor or builds?

Discussion in 'XR Interaction Toolkit and Input' started by PhaserLockEd, Jul 22, 2021.

1. PhaserLockEd

PhaserLockEd

I posted a thread a couple of days ago about porting my existing VR project to Unity 2020 / OpenXR / New Input system and the problems I'm having, but didn't get any response yet. I'm thinking the post might have been too specific to my project, so I'm posting a simpler question that I hope can tell me if I'm doing something wrong or if the system just doesn't work yet.

Question #1
    Has anyone been able to get the Vive HMD and Wands to track position and rotation in the editor using OpenXR / the new input system? So far for me, I can not get this working at all. The HMD displays the correct image, but tracking and controller input does not work at all.

Question #2
    Is anyone able to read input from the Vive Wands in the editor or in builds using OpenXR / the new input system? So far for me, I can get position and rotation tracking in builds but not in the editor but I can't get button presses to work even in builds.

All videos / tutorials I see on OpenXR and the new input system are using Oculus platform and a new project. I'm trying to simply determine if Vive even works at all using the new systems or if I'm wasting my time trying to get this to work.

Thank you for any feedback you can give.

davl3232 likes this.
  2. TreyK-47

TreyK-47

Unity Technologies

Please see my response on this thread.