Search Unity

Question Does Jenkins Plug-In work with new Unity ID Sign in?

Discussion in 'Unity Version Control' started by IanSherman, Mar 9, 2023.

1. IanSherman

IanSherman

I am attempting to configure Jenkins for my build machine using the Plastic SCM plug-in. When I try to run the job, it seems to hang displaying the following output (Note I replaced our organization with XXX):

Getting organization providers... Select the system you want to use to sign in to the organization: XXX@cloud 0 - unityid 1 - email​

as though it's waiting for input. Is this something I have misconfigured in the plug-In, or has this been broken by the recent change over to requiring disambiguation with the Unity login?

2. carlosalba1985

carlosalba1985

Unity Technologies

Hi,

New users should register via UnityID but all the legacy users will still work. So nothing that was previously working should be broken with the last changes.

Are you configuring a new user in your Jenkins build machine? It seems the Plastic client is not properly configured in the build machine. At the end of the day, the Jenkins plugin internally uses a Plastic client to perform the operations.

If you are having problems configuring the Plastic client in your build machine, please open a ticket at support@plasticscm.com and we can even arrange a meeting to debug your setup.

You should be able to configure a plasticscm.com or UnityID user in your build machine.

Regards,
    Carlos.

Last edited: Mar 10, 2023
  3. JaySFlux

JaySFlux

This is the problema I am having with my previous post. But I don't know how to configure a new user in my Jenkins build machine. Can you help with that?

4. carlosalba1985

carlosalba1985

Unity Technologies

Hi @JaySFlux, at the end of the day the Jenkins plugin is using the Plastic SCM client configured in your build machine.

You can configure the Plastic client via CLI:
    Code (Boo):
    1. cm configure