Search Unity

Does GF work with UDP?

Discussion in 'Game Foundation' started by metiscoda, Sep 5, 2020.

1. metiscoda

metiscoda

My Google Play and App Store versions seem to work great now. Now I have set my sights on other stores via UDP. Since you're using Unity IAP, do you see any issues with GF working with those?

2. mingz-unity

mingz-unity

Unity Technologies

Hi, we don't officially support UDP stores right now, and only iOS and google play. That said, there may be some way you can extend the Unity IAP to work with UDP. I suggest reaching out to the UDP team if you need any further help on that.

3. metiscoda

metiscoda

4. erika_d

erika_d

Hi @metiscoda,

Yes, unfortunately Game Foundation's Unity IAP support is currently limited to just iOS and Google Play consumable and non-consumable purchases right now, so it won't be able to process IAP's via UDP, even if Unity IAP supports it. We're hoping to include a way for developers to tap into Game Foundation's IAPListener in order to process purchases that Game Foundation currently doesn't support in the future, but we don't currently have adding built in UDP support on our roadmap at this point to my knowledge. I'll make a note about your request for it though!

5. metiscoda

metiscoda

Thank you so much! IMO, this would not need too much effort and it would make a lot of devs and users happy. I have a couple of orders of magnitude more users on the alternate stores, but am unable to monetize them right now. Thank you for any help you can provide. Cheers!

erika_d likes this.
  6. metiscoda

metiscoda

Hi folks,
    Noticed that you have a new release, and it does have a ton of nice features - thanks! I was wondering whether the issue with UDP support has been resolved with this new release, or whether there might be some sort of workaround you could help me with in the meantime?
    Thanks again!

7. tony_c-unity3d

tony_c-unity3d

Unity Technologies

Hi @metiscoda, thanks for your feedback; glad you're enjoying the new release!
    We haven't had a chance to address any UDP-support issues yet, but we sincerely appreciate your feedback. There are several critical updates coming so improved UDP-support is not on our immediate roadmap, but we'll definitely keep you informed. Best of luck and please let us know if you have any other questions, concerns or suggestions. Thanks and happy gaming!