Search Unity

Does anyone know why I can only upload max 8 screenshots on Google Play ?!

Discussion in 'Android' started by G3R1, Dec 7, 2017.

1. G3R1

G3R1

Hi,

I am preparing my game for publication and when I came across "Store Listing - Screenshots" on Google Play I noticed that I have to upload only 8 screenshots. When I search for a popular game on Google Play and count their screenshots they have more than 10 and some even 20 screenshots. I didn't find any information elsewhere that's why I posted this thread here.

If anyone knows why or how to add more than 8 screenshots please reply.
    Thank you,
    Gerald.

2. Ryiah

Ryiah

G3R1 likes this.
  3. G3R1

G3R1

4. angrypenguin

angrypenguin

I would strongly question whether you need more than 8. If someone is looking at my game I want to have the smallest number of the best shots possible, because I'm probably going to be judged on the worst of them. I want tightly controlled messaging about only the best, most attention grabbing, unique and impressive parts of my game.

5. G3R1

G3R1

The thing is that I have multiple scenes in my game and I want to show them all.

6. verybinary

verybinary

g3r1, Any thoughts on leaving scenes for players to discover? Give em enough to want to discover em

angrypenguin and G3R1 like this.
  7. angrypenguin

angrypenguin

Ultimately, the best way to show off your game is to convince people to play it.

I wouldn't usually suggest picking promo shots based on scenes.

I would suggest picking a small number of strong, unique aspects of your game, the things that make it special. Take one screenshot that clearly demonstrates each of those. Add nicely designed annotations to the image if needed to make those things abundantly clear to viewers (if that's still allowed). Then use those as your promo shots.

And as @verybinary says, consider not showing everything, because people who feel like they've seen it all, or enough, may in fact be less inclined to purchase. This does, however, depend heavily on the type of game.

Last edited: Dec 10, 2017
    G3R1 likes this.
  8. G3R1

G3R1

Thank you, I'll take that into consideration. ;)

angrypenguin likes this.