Search Unity

Does anyone know the difference between Unity Reflect and Unity Reflect Develop?

Discussion in 'Unity Reflect' started by KoeyChu, Aug 4, 2021.

1. KoeyChu

KoeyChu

Hi everyone, I am new to Unity and would like to know more about Unity Reflect Develop. As I know, Unity Reflect was separated into Unity Reflect Review, and Unity Reflect Develop in Apr 2021.

Is there any difference between Unity Reflect and Unity Reflect Develop?

The webpage mentioned that there is an SDK in Unity Reflect Develop. However, I can only see the source code in Github and package in Unity Pro. Where can I find the SDK?

2. quintus_smit

quintus_smit

Hi, the review version gives you access to the cad software plug-ins and the standalone viewer, so you can cancel share your project with others for viewing only. The developer version gives you the Unity project of the viewer and allows you to import your project I to the unity editor to create custom applications

3. KoeyChu

KoeyChu

Thank you for your reply! I know that Unity Reflect Review works with Unity Reflect Collaborate to share models with different people. Besides, the Unity Reflect Develop allows developers to work in the Unity Editor to make a custom viewer. I am confused about the difference between the old version (ie. Unity Reflect) and the new version (ie. Unity Reflect Develop). Both of them can also work with Unity Editor. So, what is the difference between them?

4. DavidMenard

DavidMenard

Unity Technologies

Hey KoeyChu!
    They are the same thing :) We simply renamed the "classic" Reflect to Reflect Develop because we needed to make a distinction between it and Reflect Review.
    The licensing has changed a bit as well, we now have Deploy licenses for deploying the developed apps. Now that we have runtime services like Multiplayer and Annotations, we just couldnt scale with the old licensing model.

5. KoeyChu

KoeyChu

Hi David!
    Thank you for your reply!
    I am new to Unity. Does that mean the classic one (Unity Reflect) can't work with the new deploy license (with Multiplayer and Annotation)? And even if I build on top of the latest version of the source code from Github?

6. DavidMenard

DavidMenard

Unity Technologies

Hey KoeyChu,
    We don't sell "classic" anymore, but if you did buy before we made the split, then the "classic" license will work across the board! It will allow you to access both Develop and Review, and will work for multiplayer and annotations as well :)

7. KoeyChu

KoeyChu

Thank you for your reply! The info. is very useful!

unityunity