Search Unity

Does anyone have a script to control a car on Unity 5?

Discussion in 'Scripting' started by Deleted User, Mar 26, 2017.

1. Deleted User

Deleted User

I need a car controller script, for my game i don't know how to make a c# or javascript script
    But it has to be compatible with the cross platform input controls that come with Standard Assets. If someone has a script, please let me know and I will give you credit for my game. I do not have money to buy a vehicle physics kit, for example: Edy's Vehicle Physics
    Sorry for my bad english, is not my mother language

2. DroidifyDevs

DroidifyDevs

HINT: The Standard Assets come with much more than the cross platform controls. Its pictures from the Asset Store actually show a car and an airplane :eek:. I'm surprised you saw the controls but not the fully-functional car.
    https://www.assetstore.unity3d.com/en/#!/content/32351

You're not going to get very far without some basic c# scripting (don't waste your time on Unityscript). Why not do some tutorials?
    https://unity3d.com/learn/tutorials

Ryiah likes this.
  3. Ian094

Ian094

Ryiah and DroidifyDevs like this.
  4. Ryiah

Ryiah

Well to be fair you are telling people your only payment will be to "give you credit". That's basically nothing too. ;)

5. kubajs

kubajs

This approach explains why managers have usually higher salaries than programmers ;).
    Man, dont expect you will make a game with no effort. Try to study a bit.

6. Deleted User

Deleted User

I can´t, beacuse this tutorials are in english, and my mother language is spanish, if are in spanish, have a terrible translate

7. Deleted User

Deleted User

8. kubajs

kubajs

Ok I understand. I remember times when I had the same problem. I used to have pretty hard times to understand any youtube tutorial or at least I had to repeat it dozens times :). I was able to understand written english but had a big probmes to understand spoken words. That changed a lot after I tried hard and watched some tutorials every day. Give it a chace. You can type in English, you'll improve quickly if you give it a chance. Believe me. Give it a couple of months and I bet you'll be fine.
    You can slow down the speed of the tutorial so you have better chance to understand. Take the English learning as priority as the majority of materials is in this language.

9. kubajs

kubajs

Get standard assests, there is a basic car controller. I think it's well documented and you'll understand it with some effort.
    You know it's not trivial to study some foreign assets one is not familiar with. Nearly nobody will have time for that as it won't take hours but days to understand some more complex code.

10. IbraheemAli

IbraheemAli

:eek:
    I also need a car controller script because mines a bit rubbish.:D

11. muchachordo

muchachordo

Amigo, yo también soy español y eso no es ninguna excusa. Hay miles y miles de tutoriales de programación en español, y tan buenos o mejores que los ingleses. Simplemente tienes que tomártelo con calma y ser realista, ya que un controlador de coche no es tan sencillo como te puedas imaginar. Hay muchísimos factores a tener en cuenta. Así que adáptate a lo que sabes y vete poco a poco. Es esa la única manera de hacer las cosas.

TRANSLATION:

Buddy, I'm also spanish and there's no excuse. There are thousands upon thousands of programming tutorials in spanish, and they are as good if not more as the english ones. You've got to take a calmer approach and be more realistic. A car controller is not as simple as it seems. There are lots of determining factors that make a car controller good. So my best advise is to adapt to what you know. Little by little. That's the only way.
    Sorry for bad english ;)

Jviaches and Ryiah like this.