Search Unity

Question Does anybody know where I can find out how to read unity bug reports?

Discussion in 'Editor & General Support' started by karsten-heim, Apr 17, 2023.

1. karsten-heim

karsten-heim

I use unity 2021.3.4 on a Macbook pro, but (like most mac users I have seen on unity forums) am plagued with sporadic crashes that force quits the application, while simply using the editor (as in I cannot find any commonality between what I was doing and when the crash occurred). I figure that the best way to solve this problem is to attack it at the source, but it's a bit hard to find the source if you can't read a bug report. I tried briefly hunting down a source to help me read the bug reports, or at least find the relevant part of the logs, but I had no such luck. If anybody could send me to a resource to help me analyze the unity crash logs, or tell me what to look for when an error occurs so that I may fix it, that would be great :D.

and if anybody could inform me of what "stack frames" are, that would be nice, because when I google them all I get is errors had by others.

Also, when I open the "editor-prev.log" file, I notice that it says "Curl error 42: Callback Aborted," which according to other forum posts, is an error that appears in their projects, but does not crash unity, so I'm not exactly sure if I am reading the logs correctly.

plz help. -K:D