Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

Does anybody here want to program an open world game for mobile devices with me?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by asadraza0010, Apr 10, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. asadraza0010

asadraza0010

I am planning on creating an open world game that is similar to games like Skyrim and Dark Souls. I need a programmers that are competent in Unity3D. I need designers that are competent in 3D modeling. I know I cannot do this alone. Every great open world game was not made alone. The programmers who join me will not only make this game, but will also collaborate with me on the design of this game.

2. Amon

Amon

Are you going to pay any wages?

3. asadraza0010

asadraza0010

Each developer will get between 20% to 40% of profits when game is released.

4. N1warhead

N1warhead

Honestly though, from my opinion I say you should start smaller until you get the experience yourself to not only lead a team in this endeavour but know what you are doing to actually help with it.

Also 20-40% to each developer is not sustainable for a business.
    Think about that for a moment.

5 person team even at 20% and you'll be out of business because now you're spending 100% of all funds for the game.
    You should really lower your goals first and make something that you can enjoy while learning.

Plus, not many people will bite in wanting to help a game that pays after release, what if you spend 4 years making a game, just to sell 15 copies the first year of release? This is why this business model rarely ever, ever gets anywhere.

Please don't take this as being mean, you've just got a lot to learn, unless you have the funds right now to start paying people, most will not bite otherwise.

5. neginfinity

neginfinity

The answer would be "no".

A developer worth their salt usually has participated in multiple failed projects, and therefore would be wary to spend time on anything that has no salary involved.

Amon and Joe-Censored like this.
  6. Joe-Censored

Joe-Censored

So your role is the idea guy.....

7. Ryiah

Ryiah

Meltdown, Amon and Joe-Censored like this.
  8. zombiegorilla

zombiegorilla

Closed.

The answer is no.

Joe-Censored and ShilohGames like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.