Search Unity

Does Addressables support SSL (HTTPS)?

Discussion in 'Addressables' started by gremito, Jul 16, 2019.

1. gremito

gremito

2. gremito

gremito

Maybe..., Should I choose "Custom" from "Hosting > Add Service..." and prepare my hosting process using IHostingService?

3. unity_bill

unity_bill

The hosting service is specifically an editor hosted server. Not a download service. These are done so that you can test downloading content without having a real server. The Editor can run an HTTP server in the background. For testing, or for a light-deployment development (you deploy a lightweight app to device, then continue to iterate in-editor without ever needing to redeploy your test app).

If you want to test against ssl, you could make a new IHostingService, but that won't help you actually use SSL at runtime.

Now, if you want to load securely. We've added certificate handlers as a wrapper of what UnityWebRequest provides. We have not yet added support for signed URLs, but it's coming. If you need it sooner, you can create a custom provider by extending (inheriting) off of logic in AssetBundleProvider.cs

stevebiggs-i3 and gremito like this.
  4. Lalitsharma81

Lalitsharma81

I know i am late but i can't find assetbundleprovider.cs and i wanted to download my assets from CDN(Amazon S3 Bucket) having Private access.