Search Unity

1. New Unity Live Help updates. Check them out here!

Dismiss Notice

Does Addressable build log show Build Report?

Discussion in 'Addressables' started by PhuongND, Jan 14, 2020.

1. PhuongND

PhuongND

I checked build log when build addressable asset bundle but can't find Build report like build player in log. Does Addressable 1.5 show that kind of log ? like this one
    download.png

isaac-ashdown likes this.
  2. isaac-ashdown

isaac-ashdown

I would also be interested in a way of profiling addressable or asset bundle size and the assets that get built into each bundle. The Resources list that's printed when making building the Player is certainly good enough for most purposes.

3. Shaunyowns

Shaunyowns

Unity Technologies

He @PhuongND, I'll send this post over for you to see if a member of the team can point you in the right direction!

4. MikeHergaarden

MikeHergaarden

Addressables does indeed not show any build report and one official Unity member reply on this forum was that all APIs to make something like this should be available. But I wouldn't see how/where.

Can someone of the Addressables team please clarify how we can make a usefull build report log?
    We need to see e.g. that the textures are taking up 900mb, just like in the useful default editor.log example as linked above.

5. farshidhss2

farshidhss2

Yes this is a huge problem for us. Addressable build gets stuck and we have no way to find out what is going wrong. This is wasting so much time :(

6. BurningToad

BurningToad

I'm looking for information like this as well - which assets exactly are being included and their sizes.

7. MikeHergaarden

MikeHergaarden

Bump, this still a major pain to miss any build size insights when using addressables.

For us this is the only missing feature when using Addressables for standalone/mobile/console builds.

unityunity