Search Unity

Dodge Those Meteors!

Discussion in 'Made With Unity' started by CrazieSiberian, May 6, 2014.

1. CrazieSiberian

CrazieSiberian

Today I am proud to present my first game! It's called "Dodge Those Meteors!" and as the name suggests, the objective is to dodge meteors. Also packed in is some awesome music! You can choose a difficulty level on the main menu which also has different music on each level. You can choose Extremely Easy, Easy, Medium, Hard, and Insane. I recommend you start out on Easy, or Medium, to get the hang of it first. Then move on to Hard or Insane. (Warning! Insane is really REALLY hard!) You can move through each side of the map for easier dodging! I hope you enjoy this game and please note it is mainly a learning project that I wanted to share with the world! A link to the webplayer is below and so are the controls!

Webplayer Link: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/195454880/Dodge Those Meteors!/Dodge Those Meteors!.html

Controls: LeftArrow- Move, RightArrow- Move Right, Escape- Go to main menu.

Update 1.2-
    Added a border at the top and the bottom of the screen! (So you cant hide in the top or the bottom)
    Added a Timer at the top left of the screen while in-game. (First step to saving high scores)

Last edited: May 7, 2014
  2. Domo23000

Domo23000

It's pretty cool! All you should add is a high-score system. Also, tell the player that you have to press Escape to exit the credits. (It took me a while to figure that out)

3. softwizz

softwizz

Maybe have a shield for a few seconds at the start because I tried 'extremely easy' and the game started with a meteor instantly hitting the ship.

4. Xitech_

Xitech_

Also, you can get out of the view(on the top vieuw) and then you wont get hit. So the meteors spawn at the edge. While you can get passed the edge. Nice game though for a first game :)

5. CrazieSiberian

CrazieSiberian

Thanks for the feedback! I will work on a high score system. Probably with a timer to see how long you can last. I will also add a note saying to press escape to go to main menu!

6. CrazieSiberian

CrazieSiberian

Ok thanks for the feedback! I will work on something that adds a shield for maybe 2-3 seconds.

7. CrazieSiberian

CrazieSiberian

Ok I will make it to where you will be put at the bottom of the screen when you get to the top, and vice versa. Thanks for the feedback!