Search Unity

1. Welcome to the Unity Forums! Please take the time to read our Code of Conduct to familiarize yourself with the forum rules and how to post constructively.
  2. The 2022.2 beta is now available for testing. To find out what's new, have a look at our 2022.2 feature highlights.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. We are updating our Terms of Service for all Unity subscription plans, effective October 13, 2022, to create a more streamlined, user-friendly set of terms. Please review them here: unity.com/legal/terms-of-service.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Have a look at our Games Focus blog post series which will show what Unity is doing for all game developers – now, next year, and in the future.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Submit bug reports tagged with #Beta2022Win_Unity when you encounter unknown issues while testing the 2022.2 betas for a chance to win a year of Unity Pro. For more information, have a look at our Beta Sweepstakes Announcement.

Feedback Documentation

Discussion in '2022.1 Beta' started by APSchmidt, Dec 11, 2021.

1. APSchmidt

APSchmidt

Last edited: Dec 11, 2021
  2. rz_0lento

rz_0lento

This is the most common documentation issue around Unity docs IMHO. There's plenty of pages in general where nobody updated the options or images after the changes. I wish Unity would add some ticket system we users could track for doc issue reports so it would make the reporting feel worthwhile.

While the official bug reporting tool has clear "documentation" category the only time I've tried to use this mechanism to report a documentation issue just resulted on Unity QA clearly asking me to not do this is future. And like mentioned in past, I've had zero success on using the "report" link on actual doc pages, despite trying it at various time along all the years of using Unity. Sending report using this recommended report link gives you zero tracking or clue if anyone ever even read your report which frankly is an issue. It's like the old Unity feedback site where it felt like your feedback just dropped into some void without any staff response.

Only way I feel I can currently influence fixing any documentation issues is if there's public git repo that accepts PRs and I can just send the correction myself. I did this recently for one minor thing on HDRP docs and the fix got merged in a day (https://github.com/Unity-Technologies/Graphics/pull/6452) but obviously this route wouldn't work for anything but minor changes. If the issue is anything bigger like changing images or goes beyond simple typo / formatting fixes I feel this is not really the place either where users should send their doc corrections at (we don't even know Unity's internal documentation conventions + it isn't task users should do in the first place).

APSchmidt likes this.
unityunity