Search Unity

1. Unity Asset Manager is now available in public beta. Try it out now and join the conversation here in the forums.
    Dismiss Notice

Documentation Version 2019.1a not directly accessible from within the editor

Discussion in '2019.1 Beta' started by Deleted User, Dec 7, 2018.

1. Deleted User

Deleted User

When you need information about a component in the editor, you just need to click on the small folder icon on the top right of the component to access the reference page for that component in the documentation related to the version of Unity you are using.

Capture.JPG

Doing this currently opens the reference page in the 2018.2 version of the documentation: https://docs.unity3d.com/Manual/class-Camera.html

We need to use the "Other versions" link on the top right of the page to get to the 2019.1a documentation: https://docs.unity3d.com/2019.1/Documentation/Manual/class-Camera.html

2. Graham-Dunnett

Graham-Dunnett

Administrator

Hi Anne,

I just asked Hub to download 2019.1a11 for me. It install okay. Looking at the Camera Inspector let me click the docs icon and show me the related docs. This is from my hard drive, and not linked to the online docs.

Not sure why our doc links are different. Is your 2019.1a earlier than a11? Maybe there are no docs.

I have docs at:

/Applications/Unity/Hub/Editor/2019.1.0a11/Documentation

Graham

Deleted User likes this.
  3. paultan

paultan

Unity Technologies

Hi Anne,

Thanks for highlighting this. We are aware of this behavior when you don't install the documentation. This is something we are considering to improve in the future but not for this release.

Deleted User likes this.
  4. Deleted User

Deleted User

Thanks for your answer. It seems that @paultan below knows why this is not working properly for me. :)

Thank you! :)

I never choose the documentation when I install Unity; I don't see why I should since I can (in normal conditions) access it online using the short cuts in Visual Studio or clicking on the small folder icon in the editor.

As far as I know, using the short cuts off line does not open the documentation installed on your hard drive anyway; it never worked for me whatever the version, which is why I eventually decided not to install it: waste of space.

I'm glad you are working on this; I'll be patient and wait for the future versions. :)