Search Unity

Documentation search is suddenly super fast!

Discussion in 'Documentation' started by Xarbrough, Nov 19, 2020.

1. Xarbrough

Xarbrough

Was there any change or optimization done to the documentation search feature? In the past few years, the search has always been really slow for me. After typing anything the progress circle sometimes kept spinning for a minute until something showed and sometimes it felt like it completely froze.

But today I noticed that the search is now super responsive and fast! :) So, if anything was done to optimize this, thank you very much, I can finally stay on the doc pages instead of having to switch to a third party search engine to navigate the docs. :D

Edit: One day later and it's still super fast! This makes me so happy! Am I the only one who was experiencing a slow search before? It was slow on many different machines for me, so I doubt it was an issue with my PC.

Last edited: Nov 20, 2020
  2. jamesb-unity

jamesb-unity

Unity Technologies

Hi! Thanks for letting us know that this is working well for you, I'll make sure to pass this on to the engineer that made this fix! The documentation team has expanded hugely in the past 12 months and we've been able to hire more dedicated software engineers to improve the technical side of the documentation. This performance improvement is a result by some recent optimization work by one of our newer engineers. Great to hear it's had such a positive impact!

FernandoMK and Xarbrough like this.