Search Unity

Feedback Documentation for ProjectSettings/Settings.json

Discussion in 'Testing & Automation' started by Tuncle, Apr 13, 2023.

1. Tuncle

Tuncle

2. JuliusJ

JuliusJ

QA Minion of the month Unity Technologies

Hi. It seems like the path for Settings.json file has changed but docs weren't updated - I'll open a bug to fix that.
    File is located in <project_root>/ProjectSettings/Packages/com.unity.testtools.codecoverage/Settings.json. It stores settings for code coverage window. My advice would be to not change file directly, but to use code coverage window to make the changes you need.

3. Tuncle

Tuncle

when i run code coverage via command line, i pass -useProjectSettings, but it seems nothing happened...It didn't use settings which i set in code coverage window..

Could you give me a sample how to use the `useProjectSettings` command

4. JuliusJ

JuliusJ

useProjectSettings is one of the coverage options, so you need to pass it as a parameter for the coverageOptions argument. Like this:
    -coverageOptions "useProjectSettings"
    You can find more examples on how to use coverage options and generate coverage in batchmode here.

5. Tuncle

Tuncle

HI.. i have tried `-coverageOptions "useProjectSettings"` , but no luck

The whole comand using is
    unity.exe -runTests -batchmode -projectPath .\TestProjects\CodeCoverage\ -testResult D:\SDK_YTestFramework\result.xml -testPlatform PlayMode -logFile D:\Unity.log -enableCodeCoverage -coverageResultPath D:\CodeCoverage - coverageHistroyPath D:\CodeCoverage -coverageOptions "useProjectSettings"

After running this command, there are several issues:
    1. Test result didn't shown in D:\SDK_YTestFramework\result.xml, it was saved in `D:\SDK_YTestFramework\TestProjects\CodeCoverage\TestResults-638170665428637916.xml`
    2. Code Coverage report wasn't be generated in D:\CodeCoverage\ folder.

Here's my Settings.json found in ProjectSettings, and manifest i am using, and the command log file

Attached Files:

6. JuliusJ

JuliusJ

Hi @Tuncle. Regarding your first point, you have a typo in your command line - instead of
    testResult
    it should be
    testResults
    (plural).

Second point, however, appears to be a bug. As a workaround, toggle
    Auto Generate Report
    off and on again so Settings.json would be updated with a missing entry. Alternatively, you can add it manually:
    Code (JavaScript):
    1. {
    2.                 "type": "System.Boolean, mscorlib, Version=4.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b77a5c561934e089",
    3.                 "key": "AutoGenerateReport",
    4.                 "value": "{\"m_Value\":true}"
    5. }
    Edit: I've opened a bug which can be tracked here https://issuetracker.unity3d.com/product/unity/issues/guid/COV-25

Last edited: Apr 18, 2023
    Tuncle likes this.