Search Unity

Question Documentation for "AOT Compilation Options" to reduce iOS build size

Discussion in 'iOS and tvOS' started by CodeSmile, Apr 16, 2023.

1. CodeSmile

CodeSmile

In an attempt to reduce the iOS build size - due to limited storage for Github Actions artifacts - I found the article in the Unity manual about optimizing iOS build size.

This article very vaguely mentions things like "Use micro mscorlib" but does not make any attempt at actually explaining HOW to do all of the things it goes about. :(

I found a link to the above article in the PlayerSettings for iOS article where it tries to explain the AOT Compilation Options. Unfortunately, there is absolutely zero documentation about these compilation options. As far as I can tell you can pass compiler/linker arguments here, but how do I know what they are?

I only found a few mentions of passing in trampoline settings. But my goal is to reduce the disk size of the build output (not: player/app!) because with High stripping, max. compression and limited debugging symbols the iOS build is still 680 MB which is way bigger than any other platform (they vary between 20-80 MB).

I hope someone can tell me what AOT Compilation Options there are that actually reduce the iOS build size.

pky941129 likes this.