Search Unity

Documentation doesn't open properly?

Discussion in 'Getting Started' started by Manny3, May 30, 2016.

1. Manny3

Manny3

I'm sure this is such a noob question but, when I click on the little documentation icons on the components to go straight to the manual, it opens up in notepad with just garabage letters on it. I can't find preferences or anything to change this so it opens properly? I'm sure it's an easy fix, thanks.

Fyi, it opens up like so:

<title>Unity - Manual: Transform</title>
    <meta name="description" content="Unity is the ultimate game development platform. Use Unity to build high-quality 3D and 2D games, deploy them across mobile, desktop, VR/AR, consoles or the Web, and connect with loyal and enthusiastic players and customers.">
    <meta name="author" content="Unity Technologies">
    <link rel="shortcut icon" href="../StaticFilesManual/images/favicons/favicon.ico">
    <link rel="icon" type="image/png" href="../StaticFilesManual/images/favicons/favicon.png">
    <link rel="apple-touch-icon-precomposed" sizes="152x152" href="../StaticFilesManual/images/favicons/apple-touch-icon-152x152.png">

2. boolfone

boolfone

3. Manny3

Manny3

That was easy, thanks boolfone.

Just for anyone else's reference:

If you find those documentation files in your C drive, right click on any one of them, go to properties, and change the default to open html files with internet explorer instead of notepad/notepad++.