Search Unity

Feedback Docs: Netcode for Entities 1.0.0 pre.47, Getting Started, Networked Cube

Discussion in 'NetCode for ECS' started by vildauget, Mar 9, 2023.

1. vildauget

vildauget

The code on the page are using the following elements which aren't part of Entities 1.0, so code won't run:

- [GenerateAuthoringComponent]
    - Translation

Minor issues, really, but it's probably worth rewriting in a getting started guide.

CMarastoni likes this.
  2. NikiWalker

NikiWalker

Unity Technologies

Hey vildauget! We have a fair amount of out of date documentation yeah. There is an ongoing effort. :)

Thanks for the report!

Opeth001 and vildauget like this.
  3. OrientedPain

OrientedPain

That's right. I have used TransformAspect Instead and Everything is ok, but the sample in Netcode guide not working I'm using Unity 2022.2.9f1. this error appears for me:
    ArgumentException: System.ArgumentException: Unknown Type:`{0}` All ComponentType must be known at compile time & be successfully registered. For generic components, each concrete type must be registered with [RegisterGenericComponentType].
    This Exception was thrown from a function compiled with Burst, which has limited exception support.

I can't overcome this error. How can I register Generics.

4. NikiWalker

NikiWalker

Unity Technologies

Hey OrientedPain! Please try to keep threads to a single topic. As for this issue, disabling burst may give you a better exception message. However, from what I understand, generics are not supported in Entities, nor Burst.

5. CMarastoni

CMarastoni

Unity Technologies

The error is telling you how to: You should use the RegisterGenericComponentType attribute. For example
    I think there is also some docs in the Entities and a sample for that as well. There are plenty of example for this in Unity.Physics too