Search Unity

Do you need to supply contact information/website to submit to app store?

Discussion in 'iOS and tvOS' started by imaginaryhuman, Jul 11, 2018.

1. imaginaryhuman

imaginaryhuman

I've finally finished a small puzzle game and soon going to submit to the iOs app store for ipad and iphone. In the Apple docs it says you have to supply "contact information" which customers can use to contact you, and that this information has to be made available in your general meta data in your app listing, but also inside your app.

In some articles I read about this (not many) there was suggestion of having a website with some way to contact you like a contact form or email address etc.

My question is, that I don't recall seeing many apps actually including contact info/method inside the app itself, so is that a requirement? That you have to put like a website url or a link to click or something? Or just just a non-clickable text mention of your company name, or?

And secondly, is it then required that you have some kind of website page with a method of contact on it in some form?

Are these absolutely required and what is the typical way to go about this?

2. imaginaryhuman

imaginaryhuman

3. imaginaryhuman

imaginaryhuman

Confused by this because a) vast majority of games on the app store do not list a "developers website" in the app details, and b) vast majority of games on the app store don't have any way to go to a website or email or anything from within the app itself.

Yet on the app submission form it says 'optional' for the marketing url and does NOT say 'optional' on the developer url. So how come so many people are getting away with not having a website?

4. JeffDUnity3D

JeffDUnity3D

You don't need a website link in your app. I think they are referring to the App store information.

5. imaginaryhuman

imaginaryhuman

Ok thanks. I ended up making a website and putting a link in the app anyway.. good to know for the future.